Yankees in talks with Amazon, Sinclair to bid for Yes Network: WSJ By Reuters

0
476
© Reuters. New York Yankees


© Reuters. New York Yankees’ Derek Jeter waits to bat as he stands near the Yankees logo painted on the infield behind home plate during the fourth innings of the Yankees’ game against the Tampa Bay Rays at Yankee Stadium in New York

(Reuters) – The New York Yankees are in talks with Amazon.com Inc (NASDAQ:) and Sinclair Broadcast Group Inc about a joint bid for the team’s regional sports network, Yes, the Wall Street Journal reported on Friday, citing people familiar with the matter.

The baseball team, which owns 20 percent of Yes, has also been talking to other potential partners, including cable and satellite TV provider Altice USA and RedBird Capital, about buying the remaining 80 percent stake from Walt Disney (NYSE:) Co, the report said.

Disney is seeking a valuation of $5 billion to $6 billion for Yes Network, according to the report, adding that the talks are still in early stages and a partnership with either Amazon or Sinclair isn’t guaranteed.

Disney, which is buying Twenty-First Century Fox Inc’s film and television assets, had said it would divest 22 of Fox’s regional sports networks, including New York-focused Yes Network, as part of an agreement with the U.S. Department of Justice.

Sinclair and Yankees were not immediately available for comment, while Amazon declined to comment.

Disclaimer: Fusion Media would like to remind you that the data contained in this website is not necessarily real-time nor accurate. All CFDs (stocks, indexes, futures) and Forex prices are not provided by exchanges but rather by market makers, and so prices may not be accurate and may differ from the actual market price, meaning prices are indicative and not appropriate for trading purposes. Therefore Fusion Media doesn`t bear any responsibility for any trading losses you might incur as a result of using this data.

Fusion Media or anyone involved with Fusion Media will not accept any liability for loss or damage as a result of reliance on the information including data, quotes, charts and buy/sell signals contained within this website. Please be fully informed regarding the risks and costs associated with trading the financial markets, it is one of the riskiest investment forms possible.





Source link

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here